Joomla multilingual management: Speedy Translate vs Falang
About Falang: Falang is a third party system that helps organize and implement your translated content in Joomla. You can view detail about install and configure in here: https://www.solidres.com/documentation/joomla-documentation/13-configuration/16-how-to-build-multilingual-sites
About Speedy Translate: Speedy Translate is a dedicated Joomla extension with the ultimate goal to make translating work in Joomla easier and speedier. Read more details and features at this: https://www.solidres.com/subscribe/speedy-translate and https://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extension/languages/multi-lingual-content/speedy-translate
Here is an example of translating the article content in two ways:
1. Go to the top menu in Joomla and select Components → Falang.
2. You will now be brought to a page that lists different options within Falang. Click on the “Translation”. Within the “Translation” page there are “Languages” and “Content Elements” dropdowns on the right side of the page.
3. Under the Languages dropdown, select the language you want to translate into. Please note that you have already set up the system to display your languages in the dropdown.
4. Under the Content Elements dropdown, you will notice that there are many selections to choose from. In this tutorial, we’ll use “Article” as the example.
5. To start translating, click on an Article Item from the listing. You will see a screen similar to the one below. You can insert new content into Translation fields.
6. When content is translated, make sure to check the Published option on the right of the text fields.
7. And then click the Save button to save your changes, the new translation will appear on the site.
Using Speedy Translate
With Speedy Translate’s INLINE TRANSLATION, you will have ability working on multiple translations at the same time via an intuitive and unified user interface, it will save time and avoid confusion for users.
Navigate to Joomla admin panel, go to Content → Articles, select the Article and select the language you want to translate by click on flag icon. Enter your translation here and click the save button.
Done, are you looking for more steps? We are sorry as they are all you need to do with Speedy Translate.
And this is the result of the front-end in both translate ways: